Make an appointment onlineBook Now
This procedure makes use of IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and is used as a permanent hair removal procedure. This procedure is different from laser hair removal because it utilizes a broad spectrum of high-intensity light instead of laser light. Due to its source of power, the IPL procedure is a broad-based solution that covers an area instead of targeting each hair directly as in the case of laser treatment. IPL has been likened to using a high-intensity light bulb and is more cost-effective than laser treatments.
This treatment has been recommended for individuals with darker hair tones as their hair would better absorb the light from the IPL device. Studies have proven that results are better seen on darker hairs than lighter ones hence the recommendations. It is a well-proven permanent hair removal solution and due to its broad manner of approach, it requires more treatments than you will need during laser treatments to get equal results.
It is not as painful as other hair removal methods such as laser or waxing
The strong light destroys the root of the hair, preventing the growth of new or baby hairs
There is no need to worry about timing treatments or your hair growing back as this is a permanent hair removal solution
It is exact and affects only the hair and not the skin
It is not as effective on white, light, or grey hairs because they cannot absorb as much light as darker hairs. These other hair types will get better results from laser treatment
The procedure can be quite costly. You can avoid this cost by having the treatment performed at home
Who is the best candidate for this treatment?
The most eligible candidates for the IPL laser treatments are people looking for permanent solutions to their hair problems on any part of their body. Although due to safety concerns there are some individuals who might not be eligible for this treat meant and they include:
1. Any individual who has experienced previous complications with laser therapies.
2. Any individual who has a history of keloid scarring.
3. Any individual who has an active infection or history of herpes simplex in the treatment area.
This list is by no means exhaustive. Consult your medical practitioner before embarking on this hair removal journey to ensure that the treatments are right for you.
Are laser hair removal treatments painful?
When the treatment begins you will begin to feel some heat in the areas being treated. The treatment might cause mild stings like that of an elastic band snapped on your skin. The applicator has an inbuilt cooling system which will help you alleviate some of the discomforts during treatment. When sensitive areas are being treated, except to feel some level of discomfort. Ensure to tell the practitioner if you are experiencing pain. So the setting can be adjusted and the intensity reduced. After treatment, ensure you apply a cold compress to the treated areas.
- Viveve – Vaginal Rejuvenation and Tightening
- Ultherapy- Skin Tightening and Lifting
- Venus Concept IPL- Hyperpigmentation Treatments
- Venus Concept IPL Laser Hair Removal
- Venus Viva- RF Skin Tightening and Facial Rejuvenation
- Venus Versa- Body Contouring and Cellulite Reduction
- Silhouette InstaLift- Thread Life for Facial Lifting and Tightening
- Botox, Xeomin, Jeuveau- Wrinkle Reduction and Muscle Relaxation
- Juvederm, Restylane – Dermal Fillers
- Kybella – Fat Reduction and Dissolving
- New Botox- New Jeuveau